Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning Zac Brown Band have announced their seventh studio album, The Comeback is due for release on October 15.
The title and overall theme speak into the deadly pandemic which continues to impact daily life, but it also refers to more general obstacles that country fans face — and personal themes like the difficult divorce bandleader Zac Brown endured a few years back.
Brown says, “The Comeback celebrates our collective resilience as a community. This music is about standing together and rediscovering our roots and what makes us human. We feel incredibly blessed to be back out on the road again, sharing these new songs with our fans. The only good thing about getting knocked down is The Comeback when it comes back around.”
The Comeback contains 15 songs, all co-written and co-produced by Brown and long-time collaborator, Ben Simonetti. Jonathan Singleton, Wyatt Durrette, Luke Combs, Luke Dick, Ray Fulcher and the Cadillac Three‘s Neil Mason are among the co-writers listed on the project.
So far, the group have released the tracks Same Boat, Out In The Middle, Old Love Song, Paradise Lost On Me and Stubborn Pride ahead of the album’s release. The latter of which features and was co-written with Americana singer-songwriter, Marcus King and is our Song of the Day! They also recently dropped the new track, Slow Burn, which Brown describes as “definitely about that first, young love.”
He adds, “There are very specific memories that are tied to being in love for the first time. Slow Burn captures the feeling of going back to places where the details of all those experiences that helped shape you come rushing back.”
The album also features Grammy-winning jazz artist, Gregory Porter on the track, Closer To Heaven.
Throughout their career spanning over a decade, Zac Brown Band has had 6 consecutive albums reach the top 10 of the Billboard 200 and 5 consecutive albums debut at #1 on Billboard’s Country Albums chart. Since their debut, Zac Brown Band has developed a reputation with critics and fans alike as one of the most dynamic live / studio acts, marked by strong musicianship and a creative range that defies genre boundaries. To date, the band has won 3 Grammys, sold 30M+ singles, 9M albums, amassed 9.3+ billion catalogue streams and achieved 15 #1 radio singles.
Zac Brown Band, The Comeback Tracklist:
- Slow Burn – Zac Brown, Ben Hayslip, Ben Simonetti
- Out In The Middle – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Wild Palomino – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Us Against The World – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Same Boat – Zac Brown, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Stubborn Pride (feat. Marcus King) – Zac Brown, Marcus King, Ben Simonetti
- Fun Having Fun – Zac Brown, Kenny Habul, Kurt Thomas, Ben Simonetti
- The Comeback – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Old Love Song – Zac Brown, Luke Combs, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Any Day Now – Zac Brown, Clay Cook, Josh Dunne, Ray Fulcher, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Paradise Lost On Me – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- GA Clay – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Neil Mason, Ben Simonetti, Jonathan Singleton
- Love & Sunsets – Zac Brown, Luke Dick, Ben Simonetti
- Closer To Heaven (feat. Gregory Porter) – Zac Brown, John Driskell Hopkins, Ben Simonetti
- Don’t Let Your Heart – Zac Brown, Wyatt Beasley Durrette III, Levi Lowrey, Jimmy De Martini, Ben Simonetti
Keep up to date with Zac Brown Band on their Facebook page here.
For more breaking news from CountryTown, check out here.