Thomas Rhett has unveiled details for his upcoming sixth studio album titled Where We Started, available on April 1.
Inspired by his return to the road – after foregoing live fan-filled arenas across the globe for his living room in Nashville like so many – the album marks a similar return to Rhett’s in-the-moment mix of tempo, transcendent romance and tip-of-the-spear sonic trailblazing, as country’s resident good-life philosopher shakes away a year-plus of off-stage dust.
Rhett says, “For me, getting into the entertainer headspace and back onstage was euphoria. When you go a year and a half without it, then feel it for the first time again, it’s the coolest thing in the world. That’s really where my brain has been and where these songs came from – they’re some of my favourite songs that I’ve ever been a part of. I’m just enjoying life so much right now, getting to be a dad, collaborating with incredible artists, playing shows with my friends, and watching people smile from the stage. It has really filled my soul.”
Featuring 15 songs, all but one co-written by Rhett, the project highlights his signature infusion of country tradition with kinetic romantic energy. Mixing raw, unfiltered joy with his uniquely personal, small-town Shakespeare writing —with producer Dann Huff returning alongside co-producers Jesse Frasure and Matt Dragstrem —the project enlists superstar Katy Perry for the dramatic root-pop title track, while also tapping collaborations with Riley Green, Tyler Hubbard and Russell Dickerson.
Rhett first announced his intentions to release two albums in 2022 in November last year – the first being Where We Started, featuring his latest single Slow Down Summer. The second, of course, is the highly anticipated Side B to his Country Again double project, due in late 2022. Side A was released in April 2021, and features the singles What’s Your Country Song and Country Again, as well as the collaboration Put It On Ice featuring HARDY.
Fans can pre-order the album here beginning today and will instantly receive two new tracks, the poetic ballad Angels and foot-tapping Church Boots.
Where We Started Track List:
- “The Hill” | Lori McKenna, Jordan Reynolds, Emily Weisband
- “Church Boots” | Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Ernest Keith Smith
- “Bass Pro Hat” | Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Joshua Miller, Josh Thompson
- “Anything Cold” | Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally
- “Angels” | Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Jaten Dimsdale, Josh Thompson
- “Half Of Me” (ft. Riley Green) | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
- “Bring The Bar” | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Parker Welling
- “Paradise” | Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ernest Keith Smith, Josh Thompson
- “Death Row” (ft. Tyler Hubbard, Russell Dickerson) | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
- “Mama’s Front Door” | Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Ashley Gorley, Chase McGill
- “Slow Down Summer” | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas,Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
- “Simple As A Song” | Rhett, Luke Laird, Josh Thompson
- “Us Someday” | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Amy Wadge
- “Somebody Like Me” | Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
- “Where We Started (with Katy Perry)” | Rhett, Jon Bellion, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley
Keep up to date with Thomas Rhett on his Facebook page here.
For more breaking news from CountryTown, check out here.