Brothers Osborne will release the deluxe edition of their Grammy-nominated album, Skeletons on January 21. The project will include new tracks Headstone, Midnight Rider’s Prayer and Younger Me.
Headstone is produced by Jay Joyce while Midnight Rider’s Prayer was recorded at John Osborne’s home studio and co-produced by the duo and, with Willie Nelson’s personal blessing, uses elements of On the Road Again. Younger Me, also currently Grammy-nominated for ‘Best Country Duo/Group Performance’, rounds out the Skeletons Deluxe track list.
The reigning CMA ‘Vocal Duo of the Year’ performed Younger Me at the 2021 CMA Awards and T.J. Osborne – who came out publicly in February last year – prefaced the performance by sharing, “for many years I would watch this show, year after year, and I always thought how incredible it’d be and I’d dream of being here on this stage, and there were so many things that were so many hurdles for me. And I always truthfully felt like it would never be possible because of my sexuality to be here.”
T.J. told Esquire of Younger Me, “One of the lines that still wrecks me is, ’Younger me, way too young to pace a bedroom floor.’ When I think of not just 12, 13, 14-year-old T.J., but 12, 13, 14-year-old anybody pacing your bedroom floor at that impressionable age, stuck in your room wishing you could be someone else, being ashamed of yourself.”
He added, “It’s an emotion that’s way too powerful for someone that young to be experiencing in that abundance. I just want to find that kid and say, ’Buddy, you’re awesome, and you have no idea how much of your youth you’re wasting wrapped up in this thing that’s unfair.”
Brothers Osborne have released three studio albums to date. They have won four CMA Awards, five ACM Awards and been nominated for nine Grammys.
The 2022 Grammy Awards have been postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus-related health and safety concerns. No new date has been confirmed as yet.
Skeletons Deluxe Track List:
- Lighten Up (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Daniel Tashian and Ian Fitchuk)
- All Night (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Andrew DeRoberts)
- All the Good Ones Are (TJ Osborne, Lee Miller and Craig Wiseman)
- I’m Not for Everyone (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Luke Dick and Natalie Hemby)
- Skeletons (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Andrew DeRoberts)
- Back On The Bottle (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Hayes Carll)
- High Note (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Casey Beathard and Dustin Christensen)
- Muskrat Greene (John Osborne)
- Dead Man’s Curve (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Lee Miller)
- Make It a Good One (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Stephen Wilson Jr.)
- Hatin’ Somebody (John Osborne, TJ Osborne and Casey Beathard)
- Old Man’s Boots (John Osborne)
- Younger Me (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Kendell Marvel)
- Headstone (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Kendell Marvel)
- Midnight Rider’s Prayer (John Osborne, TJ Osborne, Paul Moak, Willie Nelson)
Keep up to date with Brothers Osborne on their Facebook page here.
For more breaking news from CountryTown, check out here.